Sunday, June 13, 2010

Weekend at the B & A

This weekend we had not one but two weddings to go to and both receptions took place at Birmingham's B&A Warehouse. I had been to a small private event for Samford University there several years ago, but never to a reception. OMG, the food was sooo good. It was so tasty, especially Friday night's wedding, which included an assortment of southern food: mashed potato bar, mini cheese burgers and mini bbq sandwiches, roast beef, chicken fingers, turkey sandwiches on sweet potato bread, grilled vegetables, fried green tomatoes, and lots more. Saturday's included some of the same but substituted a grits bar, nacho bar, and pasta bar. Needless to say, Ty and I ate good this weekend....(probably gaining quite a few lbs. in the process.)

Wedding/Reception #1:
Friday night's reception was for a couple: Chris and Jen, that we met through our good friends Nick and Jamie. Jen went to school with Nick and they have been friends forever and so we have gotten to know them pretty well through the Sewell's. They were even a part of our Spring Kickball Tam. I did not take many pictures at this reception, and I am so mad at myself for it, oh well, better luck next time. I didn't even get a picture of Ty and I withe the bride and groom, I mean who does that. Here are a couple of the pictures that I took, Ty and I, Jamie and I, and then one of Ty, Nick, and Chris "getting low." Congratulations and Best Wishes Chris and Jen!






Wedding #2:
Saturday night's wedding was for Laura and Jason. Laura and I were in the same sorority at Samford, roommates for a year, and she was a bridesmaid in our wedding. Laura got married to Jason, whom she met while she, MarthaGrace and I lived together our senior year at Samford. Laura wore her mother's wedding gown on her special day, and MarthaGrace was her wedding photographer. I took a little more pictures this night but still not a whole lot of me with other people, so sad. One day I will learn. Anyways here are some pictures including; Laura and I, Ty and I, cutting the cake, one of Martha in action (couldn't help myself), and some of the room itself along with the bride and groom's cake, and the different food stations. Congratulations and Best Wishes Jason and Laura.